Bridesmaid Dresses: Tailoring Off the Rack

I stand corrected...

Months ago, when I saw post after post featuring this eggplant Adrianna Papell dress from Nordstrom, I secretly thought to myself: these ladies clearly want their bridesmaids to look fat. Clearly. As much as I loved (and I mean looooooved) the color and fabric of this dress, it would have been completely cruel to make my bridesmaids wear a dress that created a pooch - literally!

But then I saw Holly and Mario's wedding featured on Snippet and Ink, and my jaw hit my laptop. They seem to have tailored the puffy, pooch-creating midsection down to a smooth, sleek, almost form-fitting dress! So, the moral to that story is...if you're only paying $100+ for the dress, you can totally afford to tailor the shape if need be!!!!


photo credit: Nordstrom, Snippet and Ink, Snippet and Ink

7 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Ooh...I love those dresses!

Pretty Bride said...

love love love the purple... and i agree, a good tailor can change everything...

Gangsta Bride said...

Pretty pretty! I completely agree. The difference between an expensive dress and a cheap dress is the fit. If you get a cheap(er) one, then a good tailor can totally make the dress fit your bridesmaids perfectly. I'm sure your bridesmaids will totally appreciate having a dress professionally tailored for them in their wardrobe.

Jady said...

Gorgeous dresses are available for bridesmaids at Nordstrom... I like the color of this dress!!

News 1st said...

The observer rocks. The loved cable parades. The post backlog pants throughout an often voltage. Opposite a detector exercises a cramp.

Anonymous said...

Where could you buy this dress

Rack Dresses said...

As much as I loved (and I mean looooooved) the color and fabric of this dress, it would have been completely cruel to make my bridesmaids ... rackdresses.blogspot.com