Hosting OOT Guests I

Every year I find myself slightly unprepared when Nathan and I host out of town guests. There's never been a comical disaster (except for our first Thanksgiving, but that's a story for another time); I've just never been at ease with the decisions I've made regarding meal choices, sleeping arrangements, etc. So this year, I decided I would be start preparing well in advance.

I'm beginning my hostess preparations with meal ideas, specifically, breakfast ideas, because I can't imagine anything more welcoming to a guest than waking up to the smell of a something scrumptious baking in the oven! Besides, breakfast is sometimes the only meal you eat at home, because you're so busy sightseeing and showing off local restaurants?!

Up until this point, I've stuck to recipes I've mastered: waffles (with my trusty waffle-maker), french toast casserole, a variety of crostata's... So, I'm in desperate need of new breakfast/brunch recipes; enter: Williams-Sonoma online recipes search. I'll spend the next couple of months trying to master a baked apple pancake, a classic dutch baby, homemade sausage, and three different types of filled pancakes: cinnamon glaze, banana/graham cracker, and lemon/marscapone!!!

I'm hungry...


photo credits: Williams-Sonoma Recipes