Coffee Table Books at a Wedding?

Our reception site has 6 built-in seating nooks. I call them "built-in" because the areas are repurposed stacks, minus the stacks (see below)! These little seating nooks were one of the reasons we chose the space, as they offer refuge for those who don't dance. And, let's face it, nearly everyone at our wedding (except for me) would rather not dance!

So, aside from candles and/or some sort of "centerpiece" for each nook, I really wanted to do something to make them look purposeful... And then it hit me like a ton of bricks; what better way to dress up each coffee table than with coffee table books! Nathan and I already have several "History of Chicago" (read: Vintage Chicago!) coffee table books, and tomorrow, I'll hit up Barnes and Noble/Borders sale tables for a few more.

Yay for personal touches!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea, but will people know they can read it?

style-for-style said...

what an amazing venue.

Anonymous said...

cute idea. great venue. it's been fun reading about it all coming together.

Colleen said...

Thank you, thank you... Good call, anonymous - maybe I could make some additional signage (considering I'm already making like 15 signs!) that say "read me" or something. Laura, I still can't believe that we're having our reception there. We just really lucked out! Jessica, thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

pillows are always a nice touch. if you have a crafty friend it'd be super fast and easy to pick up some shades of purple solid cotton and sew up a couple square pillows for each nook.

Unknown said...

where is this venue!? I love it!! Thanks

Unknown said...

I just booked Chicago restaurants for my wedding ceremony, but still not search out experienced event planner for all the arrangements. If you know any planner, then please share your appreciative reviews with me. Thanks!!