cover me...

There's something so perfect, so elegant, so bridal-modest about a little bolero. I have done my damnedest to find an "affordable" lace bolero, but to no avail.

I started at Ultimate Bride, because that is where my most favorite lace-bolero-wearing bride, HNN, purchased hers. Big mistake. Not only was the bolero a Monique Lhuillier (thus making it, literally, $2,000), but the sales people were totally uncool - I'll leave it at that.

I've looked at Jenny Yoo's Bianca Bolero ($110), but I wasn't the biggest fan of its nearly-frayed appearance, and Modern Trouseau's Grace Bolero ($500), but I wasn't a fan of the price... I was about to give up when I stumbled upon stock bridal lace, specifically, Amy's Rose Alencon Lace. What if I had a bolero custom made??? Not like "custom, custom", I just mean, what if I purchased the lace and had my seamstress make a basic bolero??? Hmmm, maybe...


photo credit: HNN, Baltazor Fabric Boutique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!

I love that look. You might also be able to just buy a white lace shawl type of thing and put over your shoulders, then bring it back through your arms where you could then tie it in the back in a bow or just a knot so the rest hangs down, perhaps? Just throwing out another option...it might be more affordable if you just want the look for pictures...

Good luck! :)
-Jaime @ "It's A Jaime Thing"
(a fellow Chicago blogger) :)
www.itsajaimething.com