Our Second Reception

I know, with only 52 days to go, I have NO BUSINESS thinking about our Second Reception, but I just can't help myself...

Because we’re having a really small/intimate wedding (60-70 people), we’re going down south to have a second reception with those from Nathan’s family who couldn’t make it and ALL of his parents' friends (THEY HAVE A TON!)… It’s going to be in a barn (once operational, but now it’s just for show), in the middle of April, and we’re going for a spring, twigs, birds, newly-wed love kind of a vibe! Other than the newly-wed love, it couldn’t be more different from our autumn, urban, vintage, library vibe. It’s going to be so much fun planning it! But for now, I will resist the urge to procrastinate the rest of my DIY projects…

Here's some inspiration:

photo credit: wedding paper divas, Alison & Eric's real wedding via Snippet & Ink

5 comments:

Nice to meet you, my name is Speed Bumpie said...

Thanks for profiling our wedding invitations!

Rick from Wedding Paper Divas

devon lorraine ... said...

you totally get the best of both worlds!! urban AND birdy/branchy/barn. that's AWESOME!

tina said...

I didn't know you're a Two Reception Bride! How fun! I'll totally help you with your invites. We can gocco them. It's free and we can't do much worse than you know what.

Colleen said...

I'm not totally a 2 reception bride - this is more like a huge party. No catering, just family recipes, and generally much, much more low key than an actual reception... But, I'm treating it like a reception in that I'll have invitations and the decor will be off the hook... I love this stuff way too much!

Garner said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas!! I will absolutely use these tips in my wedding reception preparations!! Can you please help me in finding best New York Wedding location for my wedding reception get-together?