Wedding Jealousy

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed that as the weeks and months have gone by, I have become increasingly pessimistic… (I’m really quite a happy person, just not lately.)

For instance, today I actually thought to myself…"I hate my wedding". Mind you, up until today, I’ve loved every detail of our “Vintage Chicago” theme, which has been carefully cultivated over the last 8 months, with every detail being hand-picked or DIY. I have no wedding planner, my mother passed away years ago, my sister is absolutely horrible at party planning, half of my friends are far more like (i love pink) Elle Woods than I’d like to admit, and the other half of my friends are the anti-establishment anti-bride, so this entire event was born from my imagination…(and countless wedding blog rip offs, of course!)...

But today, after seeing the photos of a friend of a friend’s wedding, I actually sat back in my chair, sighed and said, “I hate my wedding”.

Who says that after thousands of dollars and an comparable number of hours have been spent on countless details!? Who says that?! Well, I’ll tell you who; someone who has champagne taste on a beer budget. Even though I’ve been masquerading as Chicago’s version of The Practical Wedding, I’m really a Ritzy Bee girl at heart. Well, sort of. Ok, not really at all. I’m actually exceedingly practical, but it’s so hard not to ooze with jealousy when I see a $200,000 wedding when operating on less than a tenth of that budget!

I need to snap out of it...

1 comment:

said...

Appreciating the honesty!