Vendor Review III: Wedding & Reception Flowers (& candles)

Flowers with Feeling: A+

I really couldn‘t have had a more perfect experience with my florist, Flowers with Feeling. After months of being told that my budget wouldn’t allow for much creativity, Tina told me to give FWF a call…just to see what they could do. Boy, am I glad I did! My contact, Tammy, was actually willing to work with my mini budget (as you may recall, our flower budget took a huge hit when we decided to go with our fabulous caterer – review to come!).

I gave her some direction (by some, I mean I gave her a 20 page document that included all of my floral inspirations), but after hearing several people rave about her work, I was super confident with letting her do whatever she wanted to do.

My bouquet was inspired by the color of the bridesmaid dresses and had the most amazing mix of textures – it included dahlias, fringe & double tulips, ranunculus, coxcomb, and amaranthus, while my bridesmaids carried cream colored clutch bouquets with dahlias, English garden roses, and double tulips. Lastly, thanks to oliviamoon from Etsy, my bouquet included a pendant with a photo of my mother, so I could have her with me throughout the ceremony… The bouquets could not have been more fabulous!

As for the reception flowers, we kept it simple (and small). We had long banquet tables each of which included 15 or so candles in varying sizes, and featured two mint julep cup vases filled with dahlias, roses, and snow berries – seriously, those are all the flowers we had, and honestly, that’s all that we needed! The flickering candles made the space intimate and romantic, and provided tons of visual interest and texture. Plus, Tammy let me purchase all of the mint julep cups, candles and cylinder vases on my own which totally helped to keep costs down - because I can hunt down a deal like it's nobody's business!!! It was perfect, and it was all because of Tammy and Flowers with Feeling!!!!


photo credit: Essence Photo and Video

related posts: ourbudget-friendly wedding II: ceremony, Vendor Review II: Hair and Make up, our budget-friendly wedding I: Attire, The photos are in!!!, Vendor Review I: Reception Music

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the tables - looks more like a table at home not a table at a wedding. its a good thing.

JennyLee said...

i love the tables too and your flowers turned out beautiful!

Colleen said...

Thanks guys! I was hoping that it would feel "family-style" as opposed to institutional... As for the flowers, I think they turned out great too! Thanks Jenny!!!

said...

Such pretty pictures!

tina said...

FWF is the best! I definitely would have hired them if I needed a florist. I received a birthday bouquet from them and it was stunning.

Those tables are awesome. Long tables always blow me away. I love your linens and candles too. Absolutely gorgeous! The perfect follow-up to your Vera Wang!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Colleen. I really appreciate your kind words. You were such a pleasure to work with. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.
(www.flowerswithfeeling.wordpress.com)

Hannah said...

I love love love those centerpieces (well, as in the candles!). I'm wanting lots of natual candle lighting at my ceremony and that is exactly what I'm looking for! The flowers are gorgeous too!

Tara Vorhes said...

I love all the candles and the long tables... it all looks lovely together.

Barkley75 said...

The tables look beautiful! I am also a chicago bride looking for lots of candles to fill my tables - can I ask where you purchased your candles and cylinders - or if you are willing to sell your used ones to me?

Colleen said...

Hi Christine,

Candles are the BEST! So much better than flowers - in my opinion... Send me an email at theeverydaybride at gmail dot com and we can discuss...

genny verna said...

On my wedding had hired a wedding vendor who also helped us in finding florist for floral decoration. The wedding preparations were awesome and best thing was flowers decorations as given order to famous NYC Flower Delivery services.